Cycling Along The Danube


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
July 28th 2017
Published: July 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was the beginning of our biking along the Danube. We stopped in Passau for hot tea and sweet rolls before getting on the path. The selections for breakfast spots are limited since most businesses don't open before 8 or 9 and we want to be riding by then.

We started out from Passau on the south side of the Danube. It may have been a questionable decision as there were many climbs and a three mile stretch took us onto a rather busy road since the path is undergoing reconstruction.

It was still a very enjoyable ride. The weather started out overcast and soon the skies were bright and sunny.

We made a couple of stops along the way. The first being in Engelszell for coffee, tea and a raspberry pastry. All of which were tasty and appreciated. We made another one more stop along the path for a short water break and a quick rest.

Our ride continued pleasantly until reaching the town of Schlegel where we stopped for a lunch of pork snitzel and fries, which was delicious. It was a very relaxing lunch since we only had three more miles to reach our final destination for the day in Inzell. We are spending the night at the Gasthof sum Hi. Nikolous, which is beautiful. Our room overlooks the Danube and is very spacious, homey and spotless.

We are writing earlier than usual today so will be unable to inform you about our dinner. We'll update you tomorrow. But I can tell you it smells wonderful as we are sitting in the dinner room to do our writing and the ladies are in the kitchen busily cooking.

It was a great first day. We covered 30 miles along a scenic route. We never got lost and were able to visit some interesting towns along the Danube and look forward to tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Home for the nightHome for the night
Home for the night

Largest room so far


29th July 2017

Fun times again
Wonderful pictures and history as always. Can you pronounce all the words? All sounds good. Enjoy and do some relaxing too!

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb