the wine tour.. along the valley to Krem!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
October 1st 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful day.
the tour forgot about me. I was the only one going from my hostel...
so they picked me up late. got on the van and it was a tour of complete Aussies.........!!! even the guide!!!

Anyways, fun group!!
Drove to this winery that started in 1008!!!! OMG!!!! and a year ago closed down coz of poor management!! but left a legacy of good wine behind......and we were finishing the last of them!!! Literally, discontinued wine!
drank a few kinds...I wouldn't say they are the best wine I have had but not too bad.....except that one red one...which was kinda BAD...
Thsi region produces white wine mainly anyways.

Then we got on bikes and starting cycling through the vineyards and the UNESCO villages!!beautiful villages!!!!!! lots of hills though....
We stopped to walk up this ruin of a castle......OHHHHHHH.....I am so NOT fit........it was exhausting!!!!!!!..but great view up there....=)
great workout before we headed to a liquior and jam place...had some really good coffee creme liquior!!!!!
Then we had a very nice BBQ lunch!!! ohhhhhh....the grill....I miss that! big pork steak...sausages ...YUM!
More wine then, stopped by the riverside....played some beach volley!!!! haaaa!!! got some pretty good players there..but
their glass with logo...their glass with logo...their glass with logo...

in action + flash.
of course..I sucked..esp. volley!! haa...my hand hurt....=( That was time killing for a tour costing 50 euros.....anyways, next,
headed to another winery, for more wine...haaaa! the later wines the better really. my favourite was the last one...

Anyways, by then I was pretty drunk....got on the bike back and hop back on the van to head back to Vienna. the guide brought on 4 other bottles of wine for drinking in the van!! haaa..we had a crazy crowd that finished it!!!!

That's about it with Vienna.....actually haven't seen much to really like it...but well...heading to Salzburg with a better reputation! haaa!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The first wine cellarThe first wine cellar
The first wine cellar

closed down and we get to drink their last bit of wine!!=)
picking grapes!picking grapes!
picking grapes!

hand picked!!!
beautiful townbeautiful town
beautiful town

and the castle ruin up there...ohhh..the walk.......><
liquiors!!!!!liquiors!!!!!
liquiors!!!!!

so many of them!!!!! koffee kreme was the best one! 10x better than bailys...!
jams!!!!!!!jams!!!!!!!
jams!!!!!!!

so many!! the region is famous for apricots so many had apricots....but my fav. was bananastrawberry!
beach volley!beach volley!
beach volley!

a terrible game of it though..HAAAA!
grill BBQ lunch!grill BBQ lunch!
grill BBQ lunch!

delicious!!!!!!=)
the tourgroup!the tourgroup!
the tourgroup!

drunk on the way back! haaa!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb