In the heart of the Hapsburg Empire


Advertisement
Europe » Austria » Vienna
August 31st 2016
Published: January 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I was happy to have packed the night before as the last thing I needed in the morning was to stress about packing also. Also, because the journey ahead was slightly terrifying... First a bus, than 3 trains and 7 hours later we would be in Vienna... that is if we got the tickets and made all the connections of course! I couldn’t believe that there was nothing direct to the west of the country fro... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




7th January 2017
Fashion in Vienna

Vienna
You never cease to amaze me Anna...backpacks and a pram...Grant & Millie in tow! Kinda think it could not happen if you were not so organised. Good for you. Gotta say Millie gets more gorgeous by the day. Enjoy her childhood while you can.Soon she'll be a Gretl then before you know it a Liesl (Sound of Music kids)!!!
19th January 2017
Fashion in Vienna

Vienna
Thanks Dave! I definitely don't feel organised... not at all actually! Still all working good so far and everybody's happy... most of the time at least! ;) I know, time flies... She already turned from a baby into a little girl, when did that happen?
9th January 2017

Does the Danube flow through Vienna?
Great job at stitching together all those connections in one day. We always try and limit it to two connections per day after a disaster in India, I guess there is a huge difference between India and Europe, but with a child in tow you did really well. It is so funny how the Danube is not an attraction in Vienna, well at least we didn't think so, you just feel that the town is really overlooking such an important tourist zone. The place does have a weird vibe and we loved it but know we are in a very small minority - perhaps the 2% of visitors.
19th January 2017

Does the Danube flow through Vienna?
I don't think any train journey in Europe comes anywhere close to travelling in India (not that I know from experience but can only imagine), but some European ones could definitely be improved as well! It also seemed pretty strange to me that Danube was somehow forgotten in Vienna - especially that Bratislava and Budapest seem to be thriving from the river... I guess the city itself attracts more than enough tourists anyway... I think we were a bit close-minded about Vienna from the very beginning so the city definitely deserves a second chance... Who knows maybe next time we'll fall in love with it as well?
13th January 2017
St Stephen's Cathedral

Vienna
One of our favorite cities
19th January 2017
St Stephen's Cathedral

Vienna
Nice to hear that. Hope it will grow on me one day as well.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb