Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
April 16th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

A fond goodbye to Kristina and Prague - on the train no problems and a great trip to Vienna - it went pretty fast.

We grabbed a taxi to the hotel and were walking the streets -as usual by 4.30pm. Light rain fell pretty much for the whole first day.

Headed to the opera ring and towards the opera house. At the last minute we decided to queue for tickets for the performance that night - RS (rick steves) had explained it all - for 3 euro each we would get inside the opera house with standing tickets. We wore our best travelling clothes - ok not really, we just wore what we had on to the Vienna opera house - but we weren't the worst dressed! The process was long- the kids amazingly patient. We queued in line after line to jump many hurdles but WE MADE IT - not that I think the kids really cared either way. It was really spectacular and an amazing atmosphere. The performance was several movement accompanied by ballet. We lasted about half and hour before heading off to explore the opera house and leaving. A long walk in the rain back to the hotel - but a sucessful first day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb