Vienna - beautiful weather!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
August 1st 2019
Published: August 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our trip started off on Sunday with a night in Bacchus Marsh enjoying pizza and red wine – Banks Thargo and Rymill, of course - with our gorgeous friends, Michael and Yoshiko and their fabulous children! We drove to Melbourne on Monday morning to catch our flight to Singapore.

Our flights to Singapore, Frankfurt and Vienna were smooth and without incident although the security at Frankfurt was tough…we had to place the tissues from our pockets into the trays for inspection! It’s all a bit daunting for the weary traveller but we eventually booked in to our hotel in Vienna and rediscovered the joys of soap and water after 24 hours without!

We had a quick walk into Vienna’s main square and a bit of a look around but decided we’d save it until the next day and sought out an Irish pub for a well earned drink and had dinner at an Italian restaurant before retiring for the night after a long 24 hours.

31.7.2019. I’d booked John and I onto the good old Hop On Hop Off bus today which took us all around Vienna. The buildings of course are gorgeous as is the history of Vienna and we were able to listen to the music of Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss and many other wonderful composers of the1700 and 1800s.

Dinner tonight was at an Indian restaurant, complete with a dog begging food from its owners at their table…a bit different to what we’re used to in Australia! But we had a great conversation with two blokes who have recommended a restaurant where we can have authentic Wiener Schnitzel without all the Aussie “add ons” that we tend to do - Parmi comes to mind! We will check it out tomorrow night.

The weather has been terrific…warm and sunny although this arvo it rained when we got off the bus but soon stopped. Our hotel is nice and a short walk away from the many attractions.

1.8.2019. We took our time leaving the hotel this morning, enjoying a leisurely walk to St Stephens Square. It’s the height of the tourist season now so the streets were quite busy. We stopped at a café and enjoyed homemade lemonade and just people watched for a while. We later stumbled across The Ankeruhr Clock which is a glorious work of art and has an interesting history. We googled it later to learn more.

Our alarms are set for 5.00am tomorrow morning, a taxi has been ordered to take us to the train station where we will begin our journey to Warsaw.

A word - these photos of Vienna are not mine. Streets etc too busy to take proper photos...too many cars and people to appreciate the gorgeous buildings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



2nd August 2019

Vienna sausage
Hi there, have you found a true blue Vienna sausage there. Surely this is their origin. Enjoying the warm weather no doubt - good drinking - have yourselves a good train ride or two - that is a better way to see more and less airports a favourable thing. Thanks for blogging us in enjoy your travels Cheryl and ?
20th August 2019

Beautiful Vienna
That is one place I would love to see, the Schonbrunn Palace and listen to all the beautiful music!! Like you, I like to sit and people watch and chat rather than be on my mobile!!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb