First day in Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
June 2nd 2018
Published: June 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We started the day with breakfast in our small hotel. The breakfast was very good, everything cooked there. The hidden gem of this hotel is it's location in the inner city, just minutes from all the important sites. We spent the morning at the Hofburg palace seeing the Spanish Riding School and the Lipazzaner horses and the amazing show they put on. We then finished at the Hofburg palace museums, which included the apartments of this dynasty decorated and furnished as they were then. In addition, the museum included quite a lot of information about Sissi, the young Bavarian girl who became queen of Austria and an exhibit of the enormous amount of silver and china used in the daily life of the monarchy. Room after room, including large wooden boxes of silver and china taken with them on any trip outside Vienna.

Later, we went to a concert of Mozart and Beethoven music at the St. Anna Catholic Church in downtown Vienna. Gorgeous inside on a very unassuming street.

As to Vienna, it is a very beautiful city with classic architecture, somewhat a reminder of Paris. Very international with many languages spoken throughout the city.

A very nice day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb