On to Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
June 1st 2018
Published: June 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Munich and hit the road to Vienna. We decided to take in some sights along the way. We stopped along the A8 Autobahn, the trip I made each Monday morning on the way to work for the week in Traunreaut. It is a beautiful stretch of highway. Then we decided to try to tour the Herrinchiemsee, the Mad King Ludwig II castle on the lake. After trying to find to so-called signs in the city of Prien, and not seeing anything, we gave up and went on our way. I am sure it is beautiful.

We drove by my old place of work, Siteco Beleuchtungstechnik, where I spent 3 years of my working life. I still have fond memories and it was certainly a deja vu experience.

We then drove the short 45km to Saltzburg for lunch, eating a restaurant recommended by Rick Steves, Zirkelwirt. It was very good and very reasonable. After a little shopping and a trip by Mozart's birthplace, we were on our way to Vienna.

We arrived in Vienna around 6, checked into our very small, 20 room hotel right in the old city of Vienna, and went for a walk. We stopped at a pizzeria, shared a pizza, savored 2 glasses of wine, strolled the blocks around our hotel and got ready for a well needed sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb