The oldest zoo in the world


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
March 30th 2016
Published: April 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Once again, we arose early and went to the lobby for our breakfast.

We then went to the zoo on our final day in Vienna. I was very impressed with the layout of the zoo. It does not have the typical animals in cages feel to it. It is spread out, and the animals have lots of space. It was voted "best zoo in Europe". It takes some time to really see everything, and we spent most of the day there. Of course, the pandas were one of the highlights of the zoo, but I liked the entire place really. I also loved the Rainforest House, and the Aquarium House. We had lunch at a little Tyrolean house on the hill above the zoo. They deconstructed this house in Tyrol, and moved it here in the 1990s.



It was pretty cool! We had frankfurters and fries. I also had a beer to drink. After lunch, we finished off our zoo tour, and then headed back to our hotel. On the way though, we stopped at Stadtpark to see the Johann Strauss statue, and the Kursalon. The cost of the zoo is 18.50 euro for adults, and our daughter was 9 euro.

I had to have my dürüm kebap one last time, but the girls got some stir fry noodles instead. We ate and then went to pack and get ready to depart the next day. We had a 6:15am flight, so we went to sleep at about 9pm.

The time flew by fast, but I feel we saw what we wanted to see. I think maybe one more day would have been perfect. We do plan to go to Bratislava, and would have to go via Vienna, so maybe we can return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb