Easter in Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
March 27th 2016
Published: April 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We arrived into Vienna at about 1:20pm and quickly went to get our taxi. I rarely use taxis, and prefer to use public transport. However, it would have been about 23 euro for us, and would have included a few transfers. We booked a taxi for just 30 euro, and were able to be taken to the hotel straight away. We quickly checked in to the Ibis Styles hotel, and then showered and changed. There was a U-Bahn stop just across from the hotel so we went out and took a ride to the city center. It was sunny and mid 60s for the temperature. Our first visit was to the Hard Rock Cafe. I only bought a pin there, and received credit for my visit. We then walked up to Stephansplatz and saw the St.Stephen's Cathedral. We spent several hours in the area, and also visited the Mozart Haus. We searched for a place to eat dinner, but could not find anything that sounded good. I wanted a nice local place for Easter Dinner. We then found it! We had read about a certain place in a guide book, that had a wonderful schnitzel, and we spotted this place. We went in and they had told us that they could accommodate us in 15 minutes. We each ordered the schnitzel, with the girls sharing theirs. It was huge, but very tasty! I managed to finish all of it. They also had some great wine. This restaurant is Figlmüller.


After dark, we headed back to our hotel via U-Bahn. It was about a 15 minute journey. It was VERY easy to fall asleep, and we slept well until morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb