Ooooooh Viennnnnnaaaaa


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
February 18th 2010
Published: April 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Vienna on highVienna on highVienna on high

View from the sky tower's revoving restaurant.
Next stop Vienna. Now, Prague was stunning but so is Vienna. Turning every corner confronts you with more beautiful architecture. The city is clean, easy to navigate, decent easy to understand underground system, huge magnificent buildings….a very romantic city! Again, we seem to hit Vienna at just the right time. Few tourists and slightly warmer than Prague…..though the scarf is still required and I’ve decided to lay off the beer for a night or two….which lasts…….well, kind of…..well, not at all really. Ah well, I’m on holiday. I deserve it! I have also made a decision not to visit any titty-bars in Vienna either…..though there are still plenty of them (not that I’d noticed….ahem!)

For me the afternoon was spent in the hostel (Wombats) catching up on emails, facebooking and looking at what to do in Vienna. Later we head to a local pub for dinner and invite the bus driver, who, much to our amusement gets absolutely hammered and we have to carry him back to his room. Thank god he has a free day tomorrow as it would’ve been an interesting journey had he still been hammered! For those of you interested, Wombats was a very well organised,
Reigans BarReigans BarReigans Bar

Live music. Great night out
clean hostel and I’d have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to stay. Anyways, my choice tonight and I’m wanting some live local music and so we find this joint called Reigans just a 10 minute tram journey away. Some great music, lots of beer and some rather dodgy dancing later we catch the last tram back in the early hours for some much needed shut eye.

The next day was largely spent recovering from yet another night of abusing the liver. Liam & I decide to Get lost in the city looking for this huge tower that has a revolving café that overlooks the city. Taking the Metro we find ourselves…..um, somewhere……and just look upwards (well, if the tower is that tall surely we’ll see it, right? Wrong.) Eventually we find the place and head upwards to a height of 165m. I get vertigo, so standing out on the terrace was a hair-raising experience! And some daft sods bungy jump off it!!! Anyways, a bit to eat and some more exploration of the city we head back for another night…..this time in the bar next to the hostel. Beeris cheap and plentiful. Company great. So much for staying off the beer!

Next stop…..Budapest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ViennaVienna
Vienna

Anyone for Chess?


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb