euro football world cup Spain vs Germany


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey all,

after leaving switzerland we headed to vienna for a week where the football euro cup was bieng held. First night there we arrived in a very average hostel where we shared a room with a Polish family (mother daughter and two sons) who were really not afraid of getting changed right in front of us while we were trying to sleep (especially the mum).........Wrong!

We took Vienna as a time to chill out and relax in the day time down at a park and do apsolutely nothing except read a book and have some lunch, walk around and have a brouse in some of the shops before heading out at night time and watch the football whilst having a few bevies. We ended up meeting a bunch of really nice girls that were from different parts of europe on the second night in and having a really good time. We exchanged details so we could all go out together on the night of the finals and watch the game. Was a really good match for us because everyone in the pub was going for Spain, so of course we did too! Fans were shouting, beers were clinking and the whole night was an apsolute blast!

I took a tour through the St. Stephens Cathederal Catacombs, which was amazing, i was litterally breathing in bone dust. After going through the enterance there was a stone hallway with cut outs in the wall where all the priests/archbishops were being kept in coffins, the last one to be lain there was 4 years ago. Continuing on we got to see where the founder of the church (Duke Rudolph) was burried, with the rest of his family being buried neatly around him.
The hallway leading to the room held about fifty jars ranging from big to small containg the organs of both saints that were buried and not buried there including mother Theresa.
Further on we saw room after room that held the bones of all the citizens that were buried there, but due to the coffins rotting away they all collapsed leaving a big mess of splintered timber, dust and bones. Was really strange to witness.

that is all the up date we have for now, Will update again when we are in Prague!
Brett and Karina!

Advertisement



8th July 2008

wicked
hey mate good to see you are living it up. hope you got some photos of that mum. speaking of photos when are we going to get to see some?

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb