Water, water every where!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lots to tell hope you have time to read.


After leaving Rome Karina and i headed for Venice for a few days. The first night there we stayed in a bed and breakfast on an island about half an hour out of the city which of course we had to take a water taxi to get to. After we dropped off our bags Karina and i decided to take a bike ride around the outskirts of the island to have a look around, as we rode the sun began to set turning the sky to an amazing deep red and a cool breeze set in. We had the shoreline on our left, and passed vineyard after vineyard on our right..........amazing!
The next day we moved our luggage to another island where we stayed at yet another campsite, cheap to stay but expensive to eat so most nights we bought our food from a super market. The main area of venice was really nice to walk through with water around every block corner, which ment having to walk over alot of bridges. we were going to have a ride on one of the Gondalas but they were just way too expensive.

Switzerland! We decided to take a night train to switzerland to save money on accomodation so we left really late in the night and arrived reasonably early in the morning at Zürich. We stayed at a place called youth hostel which ended up being really over priced but was actually the cheapest place to stay in Zürich. we only stayed there a few nights and tried not to do any thing that envolved too much money. We met a really nice girl from South Africa that we hung out with for a day and ventured up to the highest point in Zürich to get a great view of the land scape, then ventured on to the botanical gardens and just had a really relaxing stroll. We went out that night for a meal and ended up at hooters for some chicken wings, the chicken wings truely were sensational........and so were the hooters!
Karina bought a hooters shirt and ended up getting photoes with one of the girls!

Next stop in Switzerland was Interlaken where we stayed at hostel Balmer. Only one word to describe the place....Perfect! Not a single scrap of litter to be found any where, the people were friendly and very helpful, our surroundings consisted of really old fasioned looking houses and cabins, beyond that were the swiss alps which were capped with snow, and towards the base lush green fields and of course the trees littered every where.
We took a trip up the alps to the furthest point that tourists can venture too and breathed in the crisp clean air, the view was simply picturesque. We were even lucky enough to see an eagle pass us just over head, no doubt looking for a feed.
The next day Karina and i decided to split up. So she went and organised a day trip of horse riding, first along a massive lake that was the most amazing blue we had ever seen, to then venture on into the mountains and through the fields and trees. She would not stop talking about it the next day but i can hardly blame her.
While she was horse riding i decided to splurge a little bit myself so i organised a skye diving adventure over the swiss alps, and it was worth every penny. No words can describe the feeling of jumping out of a plane at 11,000 feet and free falling for 55 seconds at just over 200km ph before your chute is pulled and for about seven minutes just floating back down to earth......wow! Will have to show you guys the footage when we get home.
Until then stay safe,
Brett and Karina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb