Long Weekend in Vienna/Cologne Cathedral


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! Well, since I last spoke to all of you 2 major thing happened.

First of all, I spent this past weekend in Vienna. Vienna was a really beautiful city, and we had perfect weather the entire weekend. We got to see alot of great places while we were there (you can see the pictures at http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560986302hGnUGu?vhost=good-times). We saw alot of churches, parks, and such. Some of the most noteable places we visited were: Freud's former home and practice, St. Augustines- Where the Vienna boys choir is based from, St. Stephen's Cathedral, and the Hofburg Palace (formerly owned by the Hapsburgs). Just as important as what we saw is what we ate. We went to 2 really great Viennes Cafes, and I ate Sachertorte (a traditional Viennese cake) and drank Melange (traditional Viennese coffe drink). We also splurged for dinner 1 night and ate at the most famous restaurant for Wiener Schnitzel (Wiener means Viennese in German). It was all delicious.

After recouperating a bit from my Vienna trip, we took a trip to the Cologne Cathedral yesterday. We took a tour of the Cathedral, and then we got to go up on the roof. It was really cool.

Well, that's all for now. See you all later.




Advertisement



11th October 2007

hi from Jamie
Skeebs this all sounds great! Thank you for your updates. I miss you and am glad you're having so much fun!
13th October 2007

Hello from Ann
I stopped by and had a cup of tea with your mom. While I was there I got a chance to see all of your picture. The scenery pictures, and cathedrals were magnificent. I would give my right eye to be there. Michael, you are so lucky to do all these wonderful things but needless to say you deserve it all. see you when you get back and just keep on enjoying every day. Love You , Ann

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb