Long Excursion


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Bonn
October 4th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone. I know it’s been while since I’ve written my last blog, but things have been rather busy here, and I don’t think it will be slowing down anytime soon.

From Sunday the 23rd until Sunday the 30th of September, our group went on a tour of East Germany (The Former DDR/Soviet Occupied Zone). During those 8 days, we visited a total of 9 cities: Eisenach, Erfurt, Weimar, Leipzig, Dresden, Wittenberg, Goslar, Braunschweig, and Hildesheim. It was a very busy, and very tiring trip, but it was great to get to visit so many places. I don’t think I’m going to bore you with all the details, because we basically went to the same kind of places in every city (churches, palaces, and museums). We also went to a lot of places were Martin Luther had been at one time (his house, churches he served at, the Castle he hid out in, etc.), Bach’s house, Goethe’s house and to 2 concerts. That’s really about all there is to tell. Check out the pictures on my webshots website (They may not all be there yet)

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560896529fKMBsp?vhost=good-times

We had a day off from classes the next day, but went to see a play that night, This one was much more interesting and understandable than the other one we saw, but I still couldn’t understand half of it.

Yesterday was a Germany National Holiday (Re-unification day), which is kind-of like our 4th of July. My guest parents had friends over for dinner and we had some awesome paella to eat.

Today, we have a live interview with Deutsche Welle (German Wave). It is an English-speaking German Radio Station that is broadcast all over the world. They want to ask us what it’s like being guest-students here in Germany. Later we have to trek all the way to Dusseldorf to see another play (that we are supposed to have already read).

Well, that’s about all I have to report for now. See you later!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb