Vienna and end of this summer


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 25th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In Vienna we felt like we were starting to get closer to home again, most people spoke good english and we had no problems communicating 😊 Or maybe it was just us getting used to gestures instead of words... We got hold of a (for our standards) big apartement, and since it was empty we got a good deal on it. Us three in an apartement with two rooms, and that would easilly host three more people in it - luxury!
First thing we had to do was get a real wienerschnitzel. Then we went on to the usual walking around town as clueless tourists business...

Second day we went and visited Schönbrunn Palace, which is one of the most important cultural monuments in Austria. It was suggested by our host that the palace was influenced by the french - ie Versailles. Huge garden, complete with mazes cut out from the hedges and impressive flowergardens.

After Vienna, we made a long journey through the Czech Republic, didn't get a chance to step off the train though, as out time started to run out, we continued straight to Berlin. Spent a few hours in Berlin, and then took the night-train back to Sweden. FYI the swedish train from Berlin to Malmö was an old model, and was the worst train on all the trip! Maybe excluding Marocco... maybe. The bunks were too short for our scandinavian bodies, and they had problems with the aircondition so it was either cold or were moist.

We got back home safely, and had an awesome month exploring europe!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb