Innsbruck Austria 1 August 2013


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Innsbruck Austria 1 August 2013

We have been to Innsbruck before in 2002 with Pam’s sister Sheryl, so it has been interesting to revisit these cities.

We drove in a recognized nothing. We made a weak attempt to find our hotel where we stayed, knowing it was near a railway station. We reasoned that it must have been away from the CBD. We remembered that when we sat in the bath we could look out at the snow-capped mountains. There was not a sign of snow this visit.

We decided to park the Camper and ride our bikes into the city centre. This worked well. We had a good look around, had an iced coffee so we could do some people-watching. We got chatting to a ‘fellow-countryman’ from Holland who was testing his blood glucose.!!! The fellow-diabetics chatted!

We road our bikes along the fast-flowing river which went through the town, and then road back to the Camper. We found we had a 21 Euro parking ticket because we couldn’t read the street sign – this goes with the territory!!!

We were then off to Imst, further west where we stopped for the night. In the morning we headed further west to the country of Liechtenstein, via Feldkirch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb