Interesting Innsbruck


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
June 6th 2009
Published: June 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well I was pleasantly surprised to find Innsbruck quite a large place and our accomodation 500m straight out of the train station. Right next to the famous arch and on the edges of the "Old town" Loved it..... Room was fair and breakfast was included. It was about 7pm and we asked reception about internet but the girl told us to go down to a Uni club that had a faster connection which was free. We were a bit out of our league............ lots of alternative younger & middle age people, emo's, dreadlocked hair, hippy people............ ha ha
The young waitress was most helpful with the menu so we settled in with a few beers and pizza. Good value at 28 Euro woo hoo bargain with free internet too! She even told us where to go next day. We thought we may even go back for next nights tea.

Next day off to Hall an old historic town which was wonderful. We meandered through the narrow cobblestoned streets and happened
across a square that had cafe's with tables and umbrellas set out. An Italian market was setting up and we had a browse through the stalls. We sat at a cafe and ordered coffee which was warm so i actually complained! Didnt make much difference as they only put some hot water in it so came back only a bit warmer! Found the bus that took us to the Swarovski Factory. Now in the Swarvski Crystal factory we were enjoyed a walk through areas a bit of a show in each before spending more time in the shop!! Bad move.......... 200 Euro later........ We bought some fresh strawberries from the farm next door before hopping on our bus home.

Back to the city where Lisa mistook a stop as ours, against my suggestion it wasnt, so we got off and were stranded, we walked around for a while until we ended back where we got off! It was now 3.3pm & we hadnt had lunch so Richard was missing his left forearm! We arrived back and all had Burger King for late lunch. We then hopped on the Sightseeing bus for 80min tour that took us around the sites, some of which we had not yet discovered. We decided that for tea we would find the centre of the old town and mix with the locals.
Back to our hotel to drop off our purchases, got changed into something a bit nicer rather than our day clothes and walked down to the
square. We meandered once again through the streets and decided to have a Wiener Schnitzel for tea! Lovely & a 1/2 carafe of wine.......... Home for 11pm again and as we couldnt secure another nights stay we had to confirm accomodation in Vienna for tomorrow - Saturday.





Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb