Auf wiedersehen Salzburg.


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
October 10th 2006
Published: October 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

SalzburgSalzburgSalzburg

View of old town and fortress
Well its time to pack the bags and get the caravan rolling again. Its "Auf wiedersehen" to Frau Brigitte and her Privat Zimmer in Salzburg.
We didnt do the "Sound of Music" tour as we were spinning on hiltops at 3000 m yesterday and the hills were well and truely "alive"............also, we have seen enough Marias, von Trapps and lederhosen in the last few days to satisfy the most discerning S of M addict! In other words, we have run out of time..again!
besides, we have been past all the places in the movie and seen the sights on the "tourist trail" as well as the best parts they dont frequent, which is the way we prefer to travel.

We are at the train station just grabbing a last minute blog before we board for Munich. We have decided to head up that way today and use Munich to go down to Füssen on a day trip to see the "Disney" castle.

Salzburg has been lovely. The sight of the old Fortress looming over the pretty little town of Mozart is real postcard material, however poor old Wolfgang A.M. would probably bust a violin string if he could see all the tacky and kitshy toys and souveniers depicting his 250th. The town is full of this rubbish and it detracts from the charm of the old medieval town.

The weather in the last few days has been simply amazing. Beautiful bright blue sky and quite mild during the day. Great for good sharp pictures and walking around. Our only rain was when we arrived here. Hope it lasts! Some of our photos look like they have been taken in summer!

Will put a few more pics back on some of our previous blogs if u want to have a look.

For those of you who have noticed, "how did we get the pics of us playing in the snow", well, on the way to the cable car yesterday, we met a young Brazillian girl backpacking who got off loaded on the wrong bus by the same stupid bus driver that off loaded us. We were left stranded at a little town and missed our connection. We went over to a little pub to have a beer and together we 3 sorted it all out and caught the next bus to the cable car. She was very nice and it was her 1st time ever travelling abroad. As she was on her own we stayed together all day and had a great time. She made us take about a dozen pics of her in the snow, because like Mary, it was her 1st time. We were a bit anxious catching the last bus back from the snow resort as it was late in the day and we still had to catch the train back to Salzburg that night. However, we made it OK.

So that's how we got the photos of us....

Must go now and catch the train.

More later

A & M


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SalzburgSalzburg
Salzburg

View from fortress walls


11th October 2006

Notes from Shelley
hi THe photos really look terrific and look as if they could be used in post cards .Being in snow for the first time is exciting . It always seem so quiet when snow is around.The trip looks as if it is going well. THe party here went well. about 55 people came including Rachael and Emily to represent you . She and Charlotte also came on the 3rd bearing gifts so that was very nice as well. Charlotte enjoyed playing with toys with we have accumulated for our forthcoming grandchildren. THe expectant mothers are going well. Marta was the designated photographer in your absence Mary. Jane made this lovely display including a photo in Kelmscott with the seven of us . It must have been about 1967. Thank you for your card from Copenhagan and the lovely text message received on the big day. I assume I can now get a seniors card. Keep enjoying yourselves and seeing all the great sights and I look forward to your next entries. Love Bevis

Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 86; dbt: 0.2693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb