Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 18th 2012
Published: July 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

TrainTrainTrain

Our lovely private compartment.
Of all of the place we have visited so far I do believe that Salzburg is the most beautiful. It is a lovely place. We went for a bit of a walk this afternoon along the waterfront and while there are some ugly building you can turn a corner or walk past a building and be faced with lovely green hills and buildings.

We had a nice train trip from Vienna. Our seats were in the handicapped car and we were the only ones in the entire car (granted it was small because it was right beside the restaurant). There was a door separating it though so it was like having our own cabin. I took advantage of being in first class to order an english breakfast tea which they brought to my seat. The train was very fast, it got up to 200km/hr for a fair bit of the trip. We did veer slightly off course in trying to find our hostel but we did get there without too much trouble. Our hostel is right off the river Salzach, and in a nice location.

We made dinner at the hostel and ended up talking to two people from
MapMapMap

The map of our train route from Wien to Salzburg.
Australia, who have been traveling for quite a while. The girl had been traveling for almost 8 months and the man for over a year. I love traveling but it is nice to go home and relax for a bit between trips.

Tomorrow we are going on the Sound of Music Tour! We are really looking forward to it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

CountrysideCountryside
Countryside

Some of the fantastic views from our train.
CountrysideCountryside
Countryside

Some of the fantastic views from our train.
CountrysideCountryside
Countryside

Some of the fantastic views from our train.
HostelHostel
Hostel

This is our room. I am standing in basically another tiny room which has the bathroom off to the right.
Hostel 2Hostel 2
Hostel 2

Sydony on her bed!
Hostel 3Hostel 3
Hostel 3

The view from our window. We are on the ground floor. No stairs for 3 nights!


Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb