Salzburg Day 1


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 1st 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Travel Blog Day 13 Salzburg

We are in the old city of Salzburg now. Not sure how many of the touristy things we will do here, like the Castles and Churches, because we have seen them throughout our trip and they tend to be similar. Its 1:30 in the pm local here and Kyle and Josh have both been asleep since about 230 last night. I’ve been up since 9 (I don’t sleep), but that just tells you how tired these guys are, we are kinda ready to set up our roots for more than a few days.

Getting to our hotel was kind of funny. We asked the information place at the train station how to get there and they explained that we had to take a bus and then connect on another bus. So we went and got our tickets to do this, and hopped on the bus. We got off where she said to make the switch, only we couldn’t switch there, the other line didn’t run from there. So we popped into a local store and grabbed some directions from these guys. It got us to the right place to switch but the bus driver gave us the wrong bus to get on (we were taking it the wrong way), so we got out and switched directions and then finally made it to our hotel. So it took us 4 connections to get the 2 that we needed. Funny but a pain, and really hot. Those busses are sweltering and we were all really hot and drenched in sweat. Josh and I went to the sink to cool down, but Kyle decided to hop into the shower and put it on full cold (the shower room is separate). He came out with blue lips but seemed to be happy to have cooled down.

We are staying at a B &B here (it was the cheapest option), and the woman is very nice. No AC again, but the building doesn’t get nearly as hot as Munich. There is a Catholic crucifix by the door, which I thought was funny to see since we are in a hotel, but kinda nice to, it’s a small world kind of idea. The room is much bigger than the ones we have been in though, so its nice to spread my legs out a little and have some room.

What we did yesterday since we got in kinda late was just walk around the city and see some of the sights. I forgot my camera, so you won’t see them, but maybe I’ll get some in the future. We wanted to watch the German game, so we headed to wear a guy told us would be a good place, which was a large beer garden. It was originally a monastery and they still serve the beer that the monks made. It was a very light ale, but it was excellent. We watched the game (Germany won and is now in the finals), but it was thunder storming badly, so the game was cutting in and out (satellites don’t work in storms over here either). It was a pro-German crowd, but not like when we were in Germany. We met some kids there and hung out with them for a while, it was one of their birthdays. We talked a lot about American stuff, people here really want to know about us. We thought we were going to an Irish Pub (which we wanted to see what one would be like in Austria), but never made it there, so we headed on home. That’s about it for today, I thought we might do a sound of music tour today, but these bums are still asleep, so maybe not. I wasn’t big into that anyway (I’ve never seen it and probably never will), but Josh wanted to go. We are going to go and see the world’s largest brewing museum… I don’t even know what a brewing museum would be because they don’t make beer there, but the information lady recommended it strongly. So until next time, have a good one.
Ryan


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb