Topdeck European Wonder Trip (October 8th-25th, 2009)


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Bergheim (Salzburg)
February 15th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 11: Venice, Italy to Salzburg, Austria Saturday, October 17th, 2009

So after a memorable time in Venice, it was time to head over to adrenaline inducing Austria where there were numerous activities to keep the daredevil inside of us busy including Skydiving, Paragliding, Canyoning etc. Unfortunately, when we got to Austria it was pouring rain and thus all the activities planned for the day had been cancelled. So instead, we went to explore the lovely city of Salzburg, Austria where Mozart was born.

When we got to Salzburg, we went out searching for the house where Mozart's grew up. We found a yellow house that we thought was Mozart's home, but I'm not sure if it was, because we could only see a cafe inside. We walked around a bit and then in started pouring again so we headed into McDonalds for lunch.

After lunch, we meet up with the rest of the group and headed off to the bed and breakfast place where we were staying the night. It was the best place that we stayed at for the entire trip. The rooms were spacious and the beds were big and comfortable. The dinner was also amazing; a home cooked Austrian BBQ. We also got to try an Austrian drink, Peach and Raspberry Schnapps (which was delicious).

After chilling a bit at the bed and breakfast. We enjoyed a much needed sleep to get ready for our next day of travel to Rhine Valley, Germany


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb