B5 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » East » Korçë
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are the myths and legends of England?

In America we have many myths and legends, but do we ever hear from other countries. Here are the myths and legends of England: Robin Hood, the archer who stole food for the poor people; Tintagal the place where Merlin and Arthur lived. The other myths are The Lochness Monster who live under the water; Jack the Ripper, a serial killer who killed five prostitutes. Wookey Hole witch, a witch who lived in a cave and was turned to stone by a priest. Lastly Cerne Abbas a place where gigantic figure is cut into the grass. These myths don't sound like ours do they? We tend to be more creepier in our myths and legends.

http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Top-10-myths-and-legends/

The myths of England tend to be more historical than like real legends. This shows that England is more simple in it's culture and have big historical figures. Tough they are creepy myths such as Jack the Ripper, Lochness Monster, and the witch. Those are the most interesting stories from England. This makes me want to visit England even more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb