B5 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Bougival
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Region: France

Do all people have equality in this country?

On May 17th France passed a law that allowed same sex marriage; however, that law doesn't cover eleven countries in France are not covered by the law. The countries that are not covered are: Poland, Morocco, Bosnia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Slovenia, Cambodia, Laos, Tunisia, and Algeria. In a memo released on May 19th, stated that if one of the spouses is not a citizen then the law doesn't count. Therefore, the gay rights group are enraged over this agreement. A solution to this problem that France created was the non citizen of that nation would have to change his nationality to be covered by that law.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130627-france-gay-marriage-law-same-sex-equality-foreigners

The beliefs of France are still traditional because to me it seems they forced themselves to pass the law. They are making all these exceptions that it really doesn't seem fair to those who want to get married. Therefore, not everybody in France is equal, homosexuals are treated unequally. The type of inequality that is occuring in France is sexuality because gay couples have to go through a process to be married, while other couples can get married whenever they like. I feel like they are strong with their religion, and their beliefs don't accept same sex marriage.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb