Seven Things You Need to Consider When Planning a School Trip


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

School trips can be a lot of fun if they are planned correctly. However, planning a school trip is not as easy as you might think. There are several different factors to consider, since the safety of the children will be the responsibility of the teachers. Obviously, you will need to ask the children to get consent from their parents before going ahead with the plans. Once you have a concrete figure of the total number of children that will be going on the trip, you will need to start organising details of the journey. Here are seven things you must consider:

1.Where to Go

The first decision you must make is where to go. Ideally, since there are going to be so many children, the place you choose should be kid-friendly and should be safe enough for the children to travel to and explore. It can be a national park or a scenic resort, or you could take the children on a day trip across the countryside.

2.Travelling

You will need to hire a coach in order to accommodate all the children on the trip. When it comes to travelling, coach hire is the easiest option . Going in separate cars would make managing the children much more difficult. Travelling in a coach is easier, cheaper, and a lot more comfortable.

3.Lunch

If you are planning a day trip, you will obviously need to think about lunch. What will the children eat? Most schools require children to pay a small amount in order to attend the day trip. You will need to choose what to serve for lunch and refreshments along the way.

4.Educational Aspects

School trips are designed to be educational in nature. You need to decide what the children will learn, and how this will help broaden their thinking and mental approach. Try to incorporate some lessons during the course of the trip so that the children actually get to learn something along the way.

5.Safety

The safety of the children will be your responsibility. Before embarking on the trip, make sure you count everyone. Also, if you are going to the beach, make sure everybody gets life jackets and that a coast guard is present at the scene at all times.

6.Profits

How much money can you make for the school off of the field trip costs? It is important to set your profit margins before asking the children to pay a fee for the trip. The fee can either be added to the children’s lunch costs, or charged separately. Make sure you analyse the travel budget carefully.

7.Review

Once the whole plan has been set and the itinerary has been dispatched to the students, it is important to review the whole thing from the beginning. Make sure the coach is ready and all arrangements have been made for the trip. This will help ensure that the whole trip goes off without a hitch!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb