Rum in Antiguaaa.


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had the whole day to explore Antigua today, started off with great coffee, and then walked up to Cerro de la Cruz, a massive cross up quite a steep hill looking over the whole town and the impressive Volcan Agua. Highlighted the Antiguan determination to keep this town colonial, as you could see old ruins surrounded by functioning bars, restaurants and shops etc..

Decided to wander around and see what the night life was up to..bumped into a tour guide (which are plentiful around here) and asked where a good bar for a beer before dinner was. He asked us "You want the chicas?" and ushered us towards "Reees" which actually turned out to be Reillys Irish Guatemalan bar. Happy hour was actually happy 6 hours, and so we experienced the local rum..quite lethal! THought about a Guinness...$8 a bottle! More than 5 times more than the local beer price!

Went to a funky restaurant called Las Palmas for some dinner, Will had the recommended Fettucini with prawn and herbs, and Ben had the steak. Pretty good meal and was about $8 each. Still havent got used to the time difference, and quite embarrassingly, we were ready for bed at around half 8, after another rum at Reillys.

Today we are going on a coffee tour around the local countryside, which should be good! Booked our bus to Flores for tomorrow morning...Takes 9 hours by nice coach and cost $20.

Adios for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb