What a day!


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up this morning at 6.30am. It is now 10.18pm. All we have done today is been on a fucking bus!!!

The 9 hour trip from Antigua to Flores began at half 8..only it didnt because the first shuttle bus was half an hour late and the mentalist driver had to do a few more pick ups around Antigua. Got to the bus stop in Guatemala City and then had to wait an hour and a half before the driver had decided he had filled his belly enough/shined his shoes enough!

So we left Guats at about half 12, on a smelly, hot, busy bus.. without the promised Air conditioning, and presumably pissing out of the window isnt acceptable, so no toilet facility either!

So, it took a lot longer than we thought, but the scenery was fantastic, and got to see the countryside becoming more and more Carribean. Just been dropped off at a pretty good hostel in Flores, and just having a beer before bed!
Flores looks pretty unique, basically an island in a lake, joined by a causeway to the mainland. Should be good to explore tomorrow.

Not much more to update on..

Adios



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb