From Semuc Champey to Tikal


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
September 12th 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I should have known not to trust some long haired guy selling tours on the street.. but his office looked so nice! The 7hr trip to Semuc Champey turned into a 9hr ride from hell. 13 people crammed into a 9 passenger bus, luckily i sat up front with the driver, but if not i dont think my stomach would have made it. Getting to Lanquin, the driver pulled over and we thought it was time to get off, so Otto and I did, and all of a sudden the bus pulls off with the rest of the people inside and me and Otto are left with our bags and 3 local guys putting our stuff into the back of their truck and telling us to get in and go to EL PORTAL, the less known posada here in Lanquin.. didnt want to make a huge mistake, but didnt really know what to do... so we went, and they took us on a ride down deep into the darkness, and we had no idea what was gonna happen!!! It seemed like forever, but probably only lasted about 30 minutes, we finally pulled up to some lights, and some beautiful huts overlooking the river.
we definetly made the right decision!!!!


we hired a guide, alberto, who was great, very knowledgeable and super nice and patient! the park was deserted which was great!! we saw lots of monkeys and tucans and all kinds of other beautiful birds!! The temples were so amazing!! just as i had imagined!! climbed a bunch of them, which was kinda really scary but great fun!! beautiful views from up top! even paid off a guard so we could walk around the top where people arent allowed. the heat was unbearable, but we didnt care!! this is what i had been wanting to see!!!
heading to belize next!!! wish us luck!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb