More About The Ship . . .


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I’m feeling a bit lost in life all of the sudden these last few days. I think I need to write in my journal more, do more yoga, go the gym more, write home more and remove myself somewhat from the social world of the ship. I think that would help with the swimming feeling in my head.

I’ve been having a lot of fun! Last night a group of us were in the crew bar, having some drinks and it turned into rowdy singing and dancing and cheering all sorts of mayhem. We closed the crew bar and were kicked out so it could be cleaned so we went up to the crew deck with drinks from our cabins and continued the party out there. It was a crazy night, but a lot of fun. And something I especially enjoyed about it was the collection of people was so mixed: shop guys, lots of spa staff, a few entertainment staff and some other miscellaneous staff. It was really lovely. Funny how I’d begun to think that with my old cast friends gone my partying days on the ship may have just passed! Wrong!

The other night we also had a fantastic evening in the crew bar, but a completely different vibe. It was “Jazz Night” and the jazz trio set up in the bar and played all night. Eddie, Andrew and Daniel are fantastic musicians. They created such a nice atmosphere and a focus in the car other than people getting wasted. I was so tired from work (so many teens these days!!!), I could barely keep my eyes open. I spent much of the night leaning against Cat who played with my hair while we listened to the music. So nice.

Work has been crazy. All this month has been spring break in the states. Every week has been holidays for different school districts/states/cities. And it has been so busy! The office insists we work lots of hours to ensure the teens have lots to do which is fair I guess, but they don’t seem to ever come to the club during those extra hours. But when they’re there, wow are there a lot of them! What’s really crazy though, is my numbers don’t begin to compare to some of the other ships. I have 100-175 each cruise right now; other ships have up to 400 - and only one director! I feel like I just don’t have the energy to match all of them. So so so tired.

I also just want to take a moment to comment on the food on the ship, cause people always ask about different aspects of life on the ship aside from the work and the parties. The food is not good. Well, when you first get on the ship, you think it’s great. But then it gets monotonous really quickly - especially when you have dietary restrictions like me. And it’s rather flavourless. And greasy. We joke that you have to work to make your meal edible. The photos here from the mess are rather old, but they’re funny from one evening when dinner was especially dissatisfying.

And for now, that is life on the ship these days.





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Club O2 - The Amazing RaceClub O2 - The Amazing Race
Club O2 - The Amazing Race

Mission: Get at least 10 guests to form a conga line out on the pool deck.
More Amazing RaceMore Amazing Race
More Amazing Race

Mission: Find 10 different crew members from a list of specific countries. Or maybe they're doing the "Hottie Hunt" challenge where they search for "Jeanette's Perfect Hottie".
Club O2 - Dress The ContestantClub O2 - Dress The Contestant
Club O2 - Dress The Contestant

A game where the teens go in teams to find a list of random clothing items, race back, dress a team member in them and then we have a fashion show.
Partying on Crew DeckPartying on Crew Deck
Partying on Crew Deck

Darnell, Kevin, Jackie (spa staff), Ben & Jason (art auctioneer)
Bronwyn & BenBronwyn & Ben
Bronwyn & Ben

Self-Made Party Night on the Crew Deck. Bronwyn is a skin care specialist in the spa and Ben is a personal trainer/fitness instructor.
Kevin, Me & EddyKevin, Me & Eddy
Kevin, Me & Eddy

Self-Made Party Night on the Crew Deck
Jazz Night in Crew BarJazz Night in Crew Bar
Jazz Night in Crew Bar

Michael on trumpet, Eddy on Guitar, Andrew on Drums and Daniel on Bass


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb