Airport Chaos


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The beautiful villa The beautiful villa The beautiful villa

in Bloody Bay, Tobago, home for 2 weeks.
We left the house early, about 5.30am. We got to Gatwick at about 7am. So, from there we had to check in and go through security which took about 2 hours. The wait was long and tedious, but once we got through into the duty free shopping area, it was quite fun. We went and sniffed all the funky perfumes in WORLD and went sales shopping in FAT FACE. I didn't buy anything but Mum bought a top. We sat in the duty free area for about two hours as well because the flight was delayed. Finally, we were told we could move down to the gate where we sat for about 10 minutes before a lady came and told us there was a technical problem on the plane which we would need to wait to be repaired. So we waited for about another 50 minutes where we we watched some men in high vis jackets open the jet engine. Then Dad started telling me scary stories about planes. Right then I didn't really want too fly on this plane! Finally we boarded the plane at about 3pm. Then we found out that their was some luggage missing, and that
Roadside shacksRoadside shacksRoadside shacks

where small goods are sold. Looks normal to us but VERY common in the northof the island.
took a while to fix too. Finally at about 4.15pm, we took off. The flight was long and really boring, and because of the time differences and our incredibly early morning wake up call, I was really tired.

When we got to Crown Point International Airport in the far south of the island, We got off the plane and this MASSIVE wave of heat just hit us. It was so hot! We walked over to the terminal where we had to queue for about 30 minutes to get through immigration. Then we got into the luggage place, and that was it, we were through the airport in under an hour, and it was so small compared to Gatwick!

We got out into the warm night to meet Frederick who was our caretaker and escort for the evening. We had to follow him to our villa. My first impression was that everyone is really chilled out because there were all these really loud beat boxes playing as we drove through Crown Point. Loads of adults and kids with their hair braided and in dreadlocks were just sitting or standing on the side of the road which was the Tobago equivalent of a motorway! It's just one long windy road which occasionally has some traffic lights! As we followed Frederick on this long road all the way back to the villa, I noticed there were lots of little roadside shacks selling crackers, crisps, sweets and cold drinks. We didn't stop though. I was amazed how many people were just sitting or standing there in the road chatting and generally chilling out. There seemed to be 2 paces of doing things, dead slow or stop! There were loads of cows chained to trees and things on the side of the road too! Also a few goats and chickens, just roaming on the side of the road?!?!?!? Also there were so many dogs, which I thought were strays. These were just wondering around like cats do in England!

When we finally got to the villa, I was so relieved because I was so tired! I had been awake for 20 hours! We had a quick tour from one of the owners, which was nice. The villa was large and spacious and really sociable. When we went into one of the downstairs bedrooms, there was a massive gecko in there! I was so scared! We just closed the door, because we could catch it the next day. Finally I went to bed! I couldn't sleep much though because of noisy waves and Cicadas (pronounced chicaders and they are basically giant grass hoppers and crickets).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb