Rainy Bequia June 20, 2010


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Happy Father's Day and Greetings from RAINY Bequia

Well, we've had some changes here in Bequia. Last Monday Sarah returned early from the UK and moved back in to her house. Since we had been staying in her room and were already planning on moving to a villa for the last week of our stay, we just moved to a place of our own a little earlier. We are staying in a lovely bottom apt. of a villa that overlooks Admiralty Bay. The owners of the villa are here from the UK and staying upstairs in the main house. We met them on the way in and they are a lovely couple. This villa is not too far from town and close to Princess Margaret Beach.

It is Rainy Season for Bequia, but we actually have never had more than a few minutes of rain at a time since we have been here. However, today it looks like rain may be in the forecast for a good part of the day. So, probably no swim time in the ocean today, but we had a great afternoon at Lower Bay Beach Friday. We spent a good 2-3 hours swimming, sunning and enjoying the moment. We took a break from all the fun in the sun for some delicious coconut cake at Bee's Cafe, which is a cute place right on the beach. Then it was hiking back into town for lunch at the Porthole, to sample the all time Island Favorite, Conch Rotti. I would describe it almost like a pot pie wrapped in pastry, which resembles a wrap or tortilla.

Bella, the Land Rover, has decided to take the day off, and let us know that by presenting us with clutch problems. So, after tinkering a while with the clutch, David decided to take a jog into town. He was headed that way in Bella, to scan some documents for Alan and also a quick trip to the store, when the clutch problems started. Thankfully he wasn't driving down the long winding driveway or steep curves but still in our driveway, on the top of the hill, when the clutch went out.

I am spending the rainy afternoon, working on wedding details and writing this Blog and enjoying the view out our windows. I want to wish my Dad, my brother Craig and Jessie and Jon, plus Jacob, Kevin and Jim a very Happy Father's Day. We haven't had much luck with the International Calling Plan, but we send you all this greeting and our Love through our Blog and email!

This next week is a busy week for us. Tomorrow we will be sailing for Mustique. I am very excited since this is my first trip there. I do understand why sailing days are David's favorite days. Last Thursday on the sail to Tobago Cays, we saw a group of dolphins swimming along with us while we were sailing, the team caught a barracuda..which they always try to fish while we are sailing, but sometimes no luck. I did get to sample the barracuda and pretty tasty for such a mean looking fish...don't judge the book or the fish by it's cover... we also saw sea turtles, while snorkeling (so yes, Elisa, I too am becoming an ok snorkeler) and I spotted a sand shark way to close for me, so with complete respect for his territory, I went over to the other side of the beach. All this beauty in one day, compliments of God. Wonderful!

On Wed. we move to the next villa where we will be staying for the remainder of our trip. This is one of the possible wedding sites (the "Big Day" is set for next Sunday, weather permitting) We have also entertained the idea of having the ceremony on the "Friendship Rose," (the lovely sailboat we take the trips to Mustique and Tobago Cays on) or one of the other villa's, with enchanting views of Bequia. Just one of the decisions to be made this week with the assistance of Sarah, who is our team wedding coordinator, photographer, villa agent plus much more. We will stay in touch! Thanks for the emails and responses!

All our Aloha,
Malialani and David


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb