hello from st maarten!


Advertisement
Published: July 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello one and all!



So, I'm currently sitting in the most exotic bar on the St Maarten Island. Firstly, the realization that I am sitting here is still pure madness for me!

We set sail on Saturday to a massive sailing away party that Disney do. Fortunetly, we were lucky enough to see at as the official "newbies" of the crew. So The whole purpose of this week is so that we can gain the experience as to what the ship has to offer. So far I have seen shows, dined, trained, slept and socialized like it was the end of the world! But then comes the training!

The training on this ship is intense, with a series of lectures and exams afterwards. They really do stress absolute safety on board this ship and no issue is taken lightly. We did life raft training this morning, just to make sure that we are able to survive if the ship sank. TOUCH WOOD!!! Scarily enough, various scenes of Titanic and Life of Pi emerge into my head. Its good thing that they do go through this training. We keep hearing horror stories of the Costa Concordia, watching various documentaries of the matter and what went wrong. The captain was pretty useless and was safely tucked away in a lifeboat before most of the guests. Needless to say, we have an awesome captain, Captain Marco, from Italy. He came to meet us all on our second day aboard. He's a very quiet man who has an amazing memory. He will remember your life story and remember it the next time you speak to him. A very knowledgeable man too. You definitely know that the ship is in safe hands. He is our very own Captain Smith!

Work calls, so we shall save another tale for another time.

Sending all my love to my family and friends who do read this!

Ciao for now you beautiful humans!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb