Disney Dream's becomes my reality... literally!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
July 13th 2013
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

WARNING - those of the faint hearted and would like to keep the magic of Disney in their hearts, may not want to read further as I may have to break your hearts.... just a little...







Day 3



Woke up this morning feeling well rested. Yesterday we were told that we had the day to ourselves to relax and do a bit of exploring of the resort. I opted for the first option!



We met outside the hotel lobby to be picked up by a bus to be taken to the Disney University. It was strange for all 6 of us to be seated in this massive bus and the silence was filled with awkwardness. Still not knowing each other that was definitely to be expected!

Arrived to be met Gianna who took I us through one of the back entrances in to the building. Once you step into the building, you are immediately transported into a tribute of the Disney heritage. Pictures of Disney's history line all of the walls, whether it be of Walt Disney himself, or various productions of the Broadway shows that have been put on through the years.

From the roof tiles, Disney characters emerge hanging upside down just to add a bit of Disney fun to the place. The walls were covered with various images of Walt Disney and other characters.

We arrived at what i can only call a classroom where we launched into the boring stuff such as introducing ourselves and a big presentation of "working with integrity". Watched a video on the subject and then we clapped after it finished. Very amused that we were clapping at videos as this lasted the whole entire day. But hey, I suppose that's the Disney way!

After lunch we went to the underground of the Magic Kingdom where we got to see the behind scenes to see how the place functions. Just walking through the corridors we were passed by Peter Pan and Wendy, and then Cinderella without her ball gown. Became a bit mind blowing when we realized that actually these characters were just like you and me. It was the same feeling when you find out that Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny weren't real. The whole of the underground is basically pipes that the garbage falls down though, and not much magicalness is seen. Not many people are aware of such a place as one just doesn't want to destroy the Disney dream! So on that note, I'll leave it there!

We emerged back on top into the Magic Kingdom to see how everything looks from a guests point of view. As soon as Cinderella's castle came into view, I was completely awestruck and my 7 year old self made an appearance with series of silly little school girl giggles! Horrendous! Luckily I was saved by one of our trainers who said it was a normal reaction. I just couldn't believe how amazing the place is!

We took a walk down the Main Street of the place where it is themed as the turn of the century with patriotic all American decor covers what looks to be old fashioned western buildings. We even bumped it a lovely southern belle suffragette who was completely made up to suit the theme. The poor woman was completely head to toe in the period dress complete with puffy sleeves and lace gloves. The heat was so bad I'm astounded she didn't keel over then and there. But I was told that these characters are only in costume for 25 mins at a time, to save them selves from passing out. God forbid Cinderella to collapse in the middle of a meet and greet with a 7 year old little girl, or Winnie the Pooh passing out whilst hugging a little 5 year old boy. Bad times!

We came back and learnt a bit more of the history of Disney and the Disney Cruise Line. I wont bore you too much about the details, but it is pretty awesome!

The day ended with an appearance from the big boss himself, Micky Mouse, who handed out our crew badges. Even managed to blag myself a hug from him! Cheeky! Was a bit emotional actually, felt a bit star struck!

Tomorrow we are up at sparrow fart to be shipped to the ship (haha) and to then be given a 2 hour tour of the ship as well as a 45 min lecture on health and safety! I couldn't be more excited... If only you could see my face right now!

Ciao for now you beautiful humans!xxx

Advertisement



15th July 2013

The magic of Disney
You may think those people are just like you and me but the magic of Disney transforms them into the character....and they are...they have become. Glad you have your inner 7 year old with you. Can't wait to read more.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb