Rain in the Caribbean


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Fox FlyingFox FlyingFox Flying

We went across this!
Having a good time in St Lucia although the weather hasn't been great for the last 2 days - it rained all day yesterday!

Mexico was fun - the week went by so quickly, I really don't know where the time went. We spent most of the time relaxing by the pool and the beach and just chilling out really. We did one day trip where we did some jungle walking, absailing, fox flying and walking up the pyramid. We also went to this club called Fat Tuesdays and I didn't realise it would be on the beach and stupidly wore heals - and not just any heals but my new Nine West shoes!! As it was Summer Break though we felt like we'd invaded it - there were just lots of 18 year old Americans who looked like they'd never seen alcohol before (which is understandable I guess as they have to be 21 to drink in the states). We didn't stay long there but we did meet a girl from Croydon who works in Hamsey Green - its a small world!

From Mexico we went back to Miami where we got a connecting flight about 14 hours later to St Lucia which we decided to spend at the airport, again! It was the worst night ever, the seats were so uncomfortable I ended up sleeping in my dovet cover on the floor. And then the next day (after I'd got up) we saw a mouse running round on the floor!!! Yuk.

Were staying in Rodney Bay which is apparently where all the nightlife is but as its not tourist season its really quiet. On the first night we went to a street party where they had food and dancing which was fun. The next night we went to a club called Rumours which was good but it was really quiet. Met some guys there though, most of whom are from Canada, and are working here for a year and met them at the beach the next day where we played some sports and chilled out.

Yesterday we went to see the Pitons (volcanoes), some sulphur springs (where we had a mud bath) and a waterfall. It was good but we've seen so many sights now it feels like a chore going to see things - which is really bad we know! Plus it was raining all day and it took us about 2 and a half hours to get there on the buses.

I've added loads more pics starting from the Las Vegas page.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb