Carribean sunshine


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a good time in Barbados and although the beaches were amazing (bright blue sea and white sandy beaches) I prefered St Lucia - I think its because St Lucia was a lot less touristy - Barbados was just full of english tourists!

We stayed in St Lawrance where all the nightlife goes on but didn't even go out that much as were so exhausted from the last 6 months of travelling - its really catching up with us now! We did some more scuba diving but it wasn't that great as the current was really strong and we were exhausted before we even went down ino the water. And the reef wasn't the best although we did see 2 turtles which was really cool but other than that, nothing too exciting (I don't think anythings going to top the Great Barrier Reef!). We also hired a car for 2 days, if you can call it that, it was a Suzuki Moke (if you don't know what that is you'll have to wait for the pictures!) - it didn't have any door or windows and a removable plastic roof, which we had off (not a good idea when it started pouring down with rain!) We drove all around the island though (it's only small!) and got lost numerous amount of times as they have no road signs apart from the odd one at the roundabouts! Oh by the way - it was only Patrice driving as you had to have your license for 2 or more years to drive so unfortunately I couldn't drive.
One evening we went to The Cliff - this really posh restaurant that the celebs go to (David and Victoria, Catherine Zeta and Michael Douglas...) Obviously we couldn't afford dinner there so we just had a drink but the waiter must have taken a liking to us and gave us a free desert! I had a hot chocolate pudding which looked exactly like that one in the Marks and Spencer advert!
We also had access to a free gym at the sister hotel so went there every morning as we've both put on a little '6 month' holiday weight!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our Moke!!Our Moke!!
Our Moke!!

A pile of junk!
Our Moke!!Our Moke!!
Our Moke!!

A pile of junk!
The CliffThe Cliff
The Cliff

Our free desserts!
The CliffThe Cliff
The Cliff

Patrices hair on fire!
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

Patrice practising for the Venus advert!


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb