Beach


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

IMG_20180617_090503IMG_20180617_090503IMG_20180617_090503

Too many mangoes
It's been a week, so I thought it was probably time I unpacked my suitcase. Plus I did some laundry yesterday and I didnt really want to put it back in my suitcase. So that's what I did this morning. Had another mango smoothie because we are currently overrun with mangoes and having to leave most of them in the garden for the animals and passersby to take because we have too many. Not a bad problem to have.

Around lunchtime, the girls and I headed to a nearby resort. It has a pool, private beach and a beach bar. It's the only resort here that lets non-guests use their facilities, and it's really nice. There aren't any locals, so it's mainly American tourists at this time. So apart from occasionally hearing some loud, annoying American accents, it's really nice.

We spent about 5 hours on the beach sun beds, drinking cocktails and swimming in the pool. We paddled our feet in the sea, but they came around warning us and putting up flags not to swim in the sea because a group of jellyfish were in the bay. We paddled for a bit, but then saw a couple of jellyfish that had washed up on the shore and decided to stay away. But the beach was still really nice, and the pool was really big. And the whole place was quite quiet because it's the off season, so plenty of sunbeds and lots of space in the pool. We had a great time, but despite lots of suncream and time in the shade, Liv and Alex still got very burnt. And they got bitten for the first time this week. I got no new bites, and apart from one small strip on my bicep that I apparently missed with suncream, I didn't get burnt.

At one point, some guy who worked there gathered up some of the tourists and they started doing an egg tossing competition. Throwing eggs to their partner, trying not to smash them. The last couple standing without breaking their egg won a bottle of rum! Which is great except the couple that won were about 15 and 8 years old. And everyone else ended up with egg on them.

It was really nice and definitely the place you'd want to stay if you came on holiday here. They also do watersports and boat cruises from there, which we might do at some point. We definitely plan to go back a few times


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

IMG_20180617_175757IMG_20180617_175757
IMG_20180617_175757

My tan line from today


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb