Mr Blue Sky


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The trip over the Atlantic was fine, a little turbulent but no problem. First time I'd flown Air France. score? 7 out of 10.

We landed in St Marteen on time and collected our boarding pass for the connection to st barths. We had to wait behind a lady who had a French identity card, an out of date passport and a current South African passport. Bit dodgy if you ask me, probably how the other half live.

Got to the gate where we were supposed to go but the flight didn't appear on any screens! Two minutes later and the call came for us to board. We got on the shuttle bus (which was there this time) which took us to the Otter plane.

We took off early and landed 15 minutes later at Gustavia following a very scary sharp descent onto the runway . (look up Gustavia airport on youtube and you'll understand why it's the scariest airport in the world - official !)

Car and driver were waiting for us and all 3 bags made it first time. 10 minutes later and we'd arrived at the Isle de France hotel in the bay de flamand (I suggest a google moment here for a description of the hotel.)

We're in a beach room overlooking the bay. All amenities within a 3 minute walk - absolutely fabulous!

Tonight it's an early dinner then sleep! bon nuit!

PS photographs to follow later as usual !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb