San Juan you're beautifull


Advertisement
Published: October 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The cruise was getting to repeatitive, wild parties with the brazilian group, too much drinking, running out of Corona beer and waiting for our next stop Puerto Rico.

The first impression was a very well constructed dock but with the feeling of authentic Latin flavor, kind people trying to make their day, suddenly after getting out the ship my friends an me were surrouded by Locals offering every kind of service (that made me feel like in my country) and we pick a taxi driver who offered to take us to a tour to San Juan for a very fair fare.


What an amazing sight, Puerto Rico is a beautifull and amazing place to spend your vacation, the only thing I regreted was not having more time to spend.

The first place where we go was " El Morro" and antique and spectacular fortress that the spanish used to defend themeselves from pirates, you really feel like part of this tales, the walls, tha canyons just very cool stuff

Then our amigo take us to the hotel zone, very modern and comfortable touristic zone, and of course the expensive part of the city where wealthy retired americans go to spend their last days, not very different from Miami hotel zone.

The taxi driver then take us outside San Juan were you could see beaches not at all crowded, surrounded of vegetation a very nice caribbean view, and then, a thing is not very common to see when you're on vacation the zone we're poor Puerto Rico people lived, again remainding me places like Acapulco, or Cancun in my country were the image of the touristic zone is designed very carefully, and the people that offer the services to this tourists, generally lives in the worst conditions, but insisting in cultural analogies, they're always the nicest and friendly kind of people, the kind of people you will remember.

Our last stop was the "Old" San Juan, the colonial part of the city, a nice walk ride, thrying to find anything to eat (but hamburgers), and enjoying the walk, just letting pass the time.

Some locals say us that San Juan is very beautifull but there were even more amazing spots in the island (damn it) and that I was invited to know it. (Pitty for me).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb