God Save the Queen????


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau
January 11th 2000
Published: October 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I'm feeling very tired right now, and my body is reminding me that to much party is not good for me , but come on this is a lifetime travel, I'm beginning to hate this alarm to wake up the passengers of the ship to let us know we have arrived to our next destination, ummm......just five more minutes.

And we arrived to Nassau, one of the luxury paradise on earth with a british taste, as a comonwealth member and British ex-Colony they guard a lot of British pecularities, like left circulation, English Colonial arquictecture, very nice Pubs (with some caribbean style), tea-time and very peculiar cultural caracteritics that make the trave worth.

Nassau's dowtown was very nice, still feel some of the air of the British Empire, then to continue in our Nassau/Paradise Island express tour we were recommended by our canadian girlfriend to visit "Atlantis Hotel" one of the mos luxurious resorts all over the world......wait "our Canadian girlfriend", let's introduce Karla this girl was cruising with his parents, and willing to spend a very boring vacation, but she find with a bunch of guys, with open bar, willing to spend more of the day dancing and partying, so ... we adopt her.

Continuing with this tour we take a van to Paradise Island from the dock to see what was the special thing about Atlantis, a couple of bucks to take us there, suddenly we were surrounden in the van by a bunch of retired people speaking in french (with a strange accent), Maybe some of you guys even no entirely or at all understanding a word of a different language that the one you sepak natively have this feeling that they're talking about you, this was my feeling, this guys were laughing an staring at us, but we let it pass, and suddenly when the van arrived to our destination one guy of the group (in English) said to us, -"do you know this Canadian girl (our friend of course.....), Just tell her that it would be nice if they tell us when she will not arrive to sleep on the cabin, I'm his father"-, Certainly my face color fade off, and the this guy begin to laugh, what a nice joke 😞, (Still Canada parents rules!!!!).

And we arrived to Atlantis what a huuuuuge resort, luxury everywhere, in some cases totally overwhelming, the floor, furniture, ceilings, structures, statues everywhere, wow, not my kind of tourism but for a moment a feel like in the Caribbean Versailles beautifull but simply to much.

Very tired I've decide to go to the nearest beach to simply relax, what a cold water is caribbean water but the color of it simply invites you to jump in....... I could leave here.

And suddenly back to reallity we were arriving next day back in Miami with a unreal hangover, no more free food or drink and heading us to Miami airport going back to Mexico City.


What a nice graduation travel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb