Puerto Rico


Advertisement
Published: January 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our Puerto Rico trip in Feb. 2008



Anna and I took our annual trip to a warmer climate in January last year. Puerto Rico is a fantastic island full of diverse culture and sites to see. We rented a car for the 3 full days we were there, which admittantly was too short of a trip to see all we wanted. You would need a good 5 days at least to drive the island. It was quite an adventure guessing which narrow, often nameles, roads to take. We made our way in and out of the jungle and to all sides but missed the beaches and some sites due to closings on those days. Go to El Yunge and hike until you can no more. Try the quisine in Historic San Juan and random restaurants as you pass throughout the island. I would also adivse you to take a beginning knowledge of Spanish, as it does help to converse with the locals or ask for directions in more rural places.

We stayed in the HoJo Plaza de Armas, which was beautiful inside although the rooms did lack windows and felt of mold.

Our trip was amazing and full of surprises which any positive attitude can help you through. Beautiful island with lots to learn. We must go back for longer.

I wish to write more one day, but it has taken me a year to post this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



23rd January 2009

We will have to go together next time. My good friend is from/lives there. We will take to his grandparents house 1 hour up into the mountains. To this day the most beautiful view I have ever seen. I'm glad you had a good time!
24th January 2009

well that was a surprise to see...but sweet.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb