Rabbit Fricase Puerto Rican Style


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rabbit Fricase Puerto Rican style
Yesterday, there were 25 rabbits, already skinned, provided by the Finito's family.
Finito Sr, and I cut them, washed the pieces in the escamador(an air conditioned room for the purpose of scaling and cutting fish).
We cut and peeled 15 lbs of potatoes. 3 lbs of onions in rebanadas (sliced in rounds)
7 garlic heads, which I promptly minced.
Then the fun started.
Trapito, one of the guys here, brought a homemade stove and a propane tank.
This huge pot.
In went 1 gallon of welch grape juice, the rabbits, onions, 1 cup of rum(white), 1 can of coke, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 can of beer, laurel leaves, culantro in a great quantity, the garlic, goya adobo without pepper, goya achiote sazon, cooked for an hour, added the potatoes, 4 cans of tomato sauce, 4 cans of red pimento sliced, 1 can of mixed vegetables, 1 can of petit pois. 2 jars of olives, with pimentos. 2 bottles of red cooking vine. A small amount of salt. Let it cook, then simmer....Served over white rice...yummyyyyyy
For desert, Pichon's wife, Minerva brought a biscocho de gandules( Gandules cake), I would have never thought...Was wonderful....
Everyone here has a nick name...Some of the kids call me Abuela Mari. I have more Grands...
There will be more updates this week, when I have time. We are so involved socially.
By the way, we are getting to be killer domino players, double 6.
In other things, we were notified that our name has been published in the SSCA for Commodores. This is quite an honor.
Hector and Rosa has offered us their extra car for our use, a Toyota tercel, 4 door, light blue. We have accepted. We have been invited this next weekend to Adjuntas for a Finca party with music, all private. We will be spending 2 nights away from the boat.
Saturday night, there was the 1st ever Women's Fishing Tournament for "Picuilla", this is a small baracuda. Yes, Maribel entered, was invited on a boat. $5 per woman entry fee, including a Tshirt. And dinner and dance with premios, party favors. Great time was had by all. Even did a bit of dancing. Pete stayed behind, he was helping the Chef. Maribel did not catch any fish, but she had a grand time. The other lady on her boat got seasick, throwing up, but she was fine as soon as we returned to the Club.
Joann has told us the cell phone is forthcoming, maybe Wednesday, we won't get it till Thursday when Paco comes over. He is aware it is coming. We shall let everyone know when it arrives. Until then email only.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb