Appleton to Puerto Rico


Advertisement
Published: January 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived at our destination of Puerto Rico. We had driven to Appleton on the 31st so we did not have to drive early on New Year's Day for our 5:30 flight. Icy roads on the way and one car upside down in the ditch. We traveled slowly and cautiously and after dinner checked in to our hotel.

We were up at 3 to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight. We got to the airport as scheduled, but unfortunately staff did not arrive to start the check in process until 4:30. Of course, this is Appleton. One flight leaving at 5:30. We were the 4th group to check in. The guy had a problem with Pedro's booking. Seems the booking was under Pete and the passport says Peter. Gave us a warning that "we might have an issue at TSA". Booking must always "match exactly". Bags checked. Security has one line. No issues with the name match. One gate with people. No hassles. No issues. At our gate by 4:45 having coffee and breakfast. Plane boarded. Waited for the de-icing process. Flight to Atlanta on time. Wasted time at the Atlanta airport. People watching. Lunch. Live entertainment by a guy with a saxophone. Stopped at the Delta help desk to ask about the name difference on the booking. She laughed and said that Pete and Peter would never be a problem. Maybe in Russia or China, but not here.

Arrived at San Juan on time. We took a taxi to the hotel. We were given a slip for the "rate" and then the driver upped the price anyway stating he had to make more money because of the holiday and traffic. There was a bit of traffic, but not really a big deal. He zigged and zagged through the neighborhoods. Taxi from the airport was supposed to be $22 and he wanted $30. That would have been his tip anyway......so no big deal. Guess he thought we looked like cheapskates that wouldn't tip. Check in at the hotel without issue. We have a beautiful room overlooking the ocean. We walked the neighborhood and found a nice place for dinner. Food was good. Drink prices were ridiculous! One drink more expensive than the pizza!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb