Panama


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama
March 29th 2013
Published: March 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Panama is being put into poverty thanks to outside corporations. Before Canadians started building mines in panama, everyone in panama was living a good life. Families would grow their own food; make their own cloths and more. Now that the mines are up, people are working in the mines and food has to be brought in from other places. People have started to drink alcohol since bars are opening up. 57 kilometers of rainforest will be destroyed, and villages will have to be moved. People will be evicted. The Canadian mining company is trying to buy off the villages by building schools and health care centers. The corporations are blinding people with their projects. The waste from the mine over flow when it rains. This run off then goes into the river. This contaminates the river and kills fish and animals. The people of the villages are protesting that they don't want the mind, they chant “Yes to life! No to mining!" The villages know that the country is in poverty Because of these corporations, and that they do not want to help panama. They want to takes its gold.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb