Panama City - day 2


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a cab to the Panama Canal. Unfortunately our timing was off and we waited for over an hour with no signs of any boats passing through. Finally, a couple of very large boats approached so we were able to get pictures but had to leave before we actually saw one pass through the locks. We also made the mistake of cheaping out and only buying tickets for the observation deck for $5 instead of the $8 general admission which meant missing out on the 3-story museum and the theater. So if you ever take a trip to the Panama Canal, just pay the extra $3 - this is not the time to get cheap, especially when you may be waiting an hour and a half for a boat to arrive.

Tonight we learned that it does not matter how much you pay for a guest house or how clean it is, the cockroaches will still come. While getting ready for bed, Braeden reached into his backpack only to get a cockroach climbing up his arm as well as another hanging out on his toothbrush. That was the time we decided it was best to see just how many had made their way into our packs (which had been regretfully sitting open on the floor). A total of 7 cockroaches were killed between both of our packs - at least that was all we could find at the time. After Braeden thoroughly cleaned his toothbrush with a wet wipe (thanks Leslie!), we both went to sleep uneasy, feeling like we had bugs crawling on us. From now on, the packs stay closed and off the floor!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th October 2009

cockroaches
Hey, good to hear you are enjoying your trip. I just want you two to know that I know alot about cockroaches and they are very attracted to bad smells so that is why one of them was on Bradens tooth brush. Love you guys and have fun. Ryan

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb