Panama City, Panama


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Panama City last night around 5:30 after a very long bus ride. Fortunately, the bus itself was good, comfortable, clean and the people were friendly. (Recommendation: Tica Bus). Crossing the border from Costa Rica into Panama was a frustrating experience that took 5 hours. First we arrived at 5am - 1 hour before the offices opened. Then the computer system stopped working and the officials refused to do things by hand despite having the ability to do so. Lineups were long and the local people did not care to wait in line like the majority of us tourists so they just pushed their way in front. The whole thing was quite a scene as the local media even showed up to report on it.

So we are finally here and staying at the ¨Residencial Texas¨ hotel for the time being. It is a little more expensive than we hoped to pay but it is big, clean, has hot water, air conditioning and cable TV with some English channels. We have heard that accommodation should get cheaper the further we move into South America. The weather is hot but it is quite overcast and will probably rain. People here seem a lot more patient with us and our minimal Spanish - we definitely need to learn more!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb