The Canal


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Headed out to the Canal today, spent much of the time bartering with taxi drivers to save a whole $4 ha. I headed out there with Chris and Diana, Chris is from the US and Diana is from Oz, they both speak good spanish so it was quite a relaxing day not having to worry about trying to talk to non English speakers.

The canal was actually a little bit of a let down, expected it to be so much bigger than it really is. It seems so narrow especially considering the length of the ships that are going through it. Im slowly begining to love it out here and already worried about having to face reality at some point and return home. Ive just made arrangements to stay here 1 more night before heading up the Pacific coast with Chris to learn how to surf, a life time ambition.

Being the awkward eater that I am my bbiggest worry was starving out here but Ive not had a bad meal yet. yesterday I went to a Chinese with Max an Marc. $5 for more than I was able to eat, same with Lunch, $1.75 for a large dish.

When I eventually find some extra time I will find an internet cafe to load the pictures us. having no such luck in the hostel.

Adios for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th June 2008

hey dave glad to hear your enjoying yourself, cant wait to see your pics, dont get too sunburned. love shell.
8th June 2008

Enjoy your surfing!
Hey, Dave! You might already be at Pacific Coast by now. Surfing always seems to be such good fun! Enjoy it! Look forward to see some nice coastal images. -Swati:)

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb