Panama City still


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Spent the evening in the Hostel getting to know the people Im sharing the building with, plenty of cans from the local good stuff was consumed whilst sat on the balcony where I met Martin from Holland, hes just finishing a 5month trek around these parts so took a good few tips of him for the rest of the journey. Its nice to know he made it all around here without any Spanish so I feel much more confident now.

Marc and Max from Germany are staying here too, they seem good guys and speak great English. I tagged along with them today into Casco Viejo which is the old town there, was very surreal seeing all these run down buildings yet next to them was a nice sparkling new one. Took my first ride on a chicken bus too. Nothing to write home about though but its strange having to pay the bus driver when you get off rather than when you get on. I completely forgot and got straight off only to be called back, what a dope.

Really starting to settle into the ways now and looking forward to the rest of the journey without any worries. Hooters for a meal tonight then onto Calle Uruguay which is where all the bars are.

Hopefully I´ll see the canal tomorrow but if its anything like it is at present it´ll be having a mid afternoon thunderstorm although it didnt stop me getting sunburnt this morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb