Boquete...


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » Boquete
January 23rd 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early and took a taxi to the bus terminal at 8:30am; we then got the 9:45am bus to David. The journey to David took around 8 hours but we pretty much dozed for the entire ride! We arrived in David around 6pm and straight away jumped onto the next bus to Boquete. The bus to Boquete was a very cramped Red Devil; the journey lasted around 1 hour. Once in Boquete we took a taxi to our hotel. Boquete has a different climate its higher up so a lot cooler which is quite nice after roasting in Panama City! Of coure Boquete is also known for its…yes coffee! Yum!
Our first day in Boquete was very relaxed. We had breakfast out in the sun watching multi-colored birds come to feast on fruit that had been put out for them. We then strolled into the town and went to the annual flower fair. In the afternoon we went to have some ice-cream and played a bit of tenni-wii at the ice-cream parlor. We had dinner by the fire-place at our hotel.
The next day we spent a few hours in the garden taking pictures of the beautiful birds and soaking the sunshine in. We then went to a café, before returning to the hotel where we were picked up for our coffee tour. The tour was conducted by a Dutch guy with a great sense of humor! He told us a lot about coffee, its history, how the process went, the different types of coffee bushes and also about the different qualities of coffee. We then went to see one of the oldest coffee factories which isn’t in use anymore but is still fully functional and runs off water energy! We were then given different types of coffee to taste to help us find out which types of coffee we liked to drink. I actually learnt a lot and it was a surprisingly pleasant tour!
Once back at our hotel we got onto a taxi again to the bus stop where we took a Red Devil back down to David. Steve and I got very popular with the children on the bus as Steve was handing out M&Ms!! We arrived in David at night and were straight away smacked by the heat. We jumped in yet another taxi and made our way to our hostel. Unfortunately we didn’t book for a place to stay early enough and everything was full, the hostel we did find was a little out of town, it didn’t really matter because David was just a one night stopover before heading to Bocas Del Toro! There was no where close for us to go eat except….Mac Donalds, yes we ate Mac D! Its against our principles but we were tired and starving!!!


Advertisement



23rd January 2010

Mac Ds
Hey -- no need to be ashamed. Same thing happened to Davina and I in Malaysia when we couldn't find a place to eat late at night. Sometimes a Big Mac does work OK. :)
24th January 2010

Mac Ds
Sometimes a Big Mac is pretty good when your hungry and eating food your not used too =p
26th February 2010

travelling
I am always looking for the best travel sites out there so I was very glad that I found this site. Out of all the online travel sites I have seen, this one where offers good tips, news and photos. Glad I found it. Keep travelling on.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb