La past tres Semana y buenos hora


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post


OK ok, sorry about the late entry but this should be a gooder!

After the Fortuna mission and the healing of the war wounds, it was back to the surf in beautiful Playa Santa Teresa.

Caught up with Ben and Nas at the Funkey Monkey, awesome spot, great atmosphere and genuine staff really made the experience. After a few days Pete and Matt showed up (Langara Crew). Upgrading to the apartment over looking the pacific. Dave K. joined the circus from New Port Cali and the four of us took full advantage of our new pad. Sadly, good things don’t last as the owner doubled the price for the Xmas rush. SEE YA!

Cuesta Arriba, just north was a good choice and another bunch of great staff, but they were strict and we were in party mode so it wasn’t happening. LATER!

Runelas was stop three and diffently the Best of the Best. The owner Wane is from Argentina and an interesting chap at that. He just renovated the hostel, and the price was right. SOLD to the crazy Canadians!

Alter buenos holas, bonito senoritas, la bicicleta accidente y loco fiestas. It was off to bocas del toro to allow the fiesta wounds to heal and chase some new waves. Highlights would diffently be loco cuatro-x-cuatro (¨Stuck Fest 101! ¨), and las holas.

On route to Panama, hooked up with another Whistler-rite (there everywhere ahhhhhhhhhh, just joking), Matt B. Convincing him of times to come, we went together to bocas del Toro. Once across the Panamanian border and through the canals of Changunola, we arrived, guns blazing. Bocas Backpackers was a good choice as it was clean, new and a tranquil spot to lay low while getting our bearings. However con no vibe o senoritas we were on our way. Discovering the perfect spot proximo to todo, Hostel Heike was our new crash pad. Owner Luara just bought the place and put a little of her personality into it making it the place to be. Thanks Laura!

Unfortunately for me a cold brewed in CR and I spent the next semana coughing a lung while the surfea pumped. The Caribbean was just cranking when we arrived, with rapido diez plus holas. So the initial was a little heart stopping. After the first ride I was dangerously hooked. The only ride of the trip
ecuador  ninjaecuador  ninjaecuador ninja

Hostel Nomba
was short but sweet ass. On my last day I fell off the falls on the inside at Paunch, bounced off the coral, leash 'popped off and my new Al Merrick B-lined to the reef before I could say ¨Jack Robson¨. Now being shark bait amongst a bunch of loco locals I also b-lined for my sexy tabla. Fortunately no damaged was done to me or the board. Thanks to another surfer dude managed to find a rip back to the surf and save the feet. Don’t worry Boca’s I’ll be back for my two free dives and revenge of las holas.

Well I usually don’t close on a bad note but its off to Boquete to catch the coffee and flower fair (actually boquete´s carnival with live musica and mucho boracho Panamanians) as well as Matty´s b-day. BOOZE CRUZ YEH BABY! Matt and I picked up some bad ass Ecuadorian clothes and showed las senoritas a little Canadian flavour.

Hoya was a Buena dia. Checking out the Los Pozos de Caldera for a little river/ serpenta hopping (holy guacamole that was close) and some agua caliente.

Manana its off to Penninsula de Osa (Parque Corcovado), CR, for some jungle trekking nature looking.
Boquete is the BOOM DIGITY. Till next time………………..


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb