A change of Pace


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nicoya PenninsulaNicoya PenninsulaNicoya Penninsula

Sunset at Playa carmen
Hola amigos
Well its great to finally have my vacation! 100 days on the ship and 45 in a drilling shack has finally paid out. My route has gone something like this. Arrived in San Jose on November 27 and quickly B lined it to the beach. Arriving in Jaco a few days later to find perfect waves and warm water. Jaco is costa rica's surf center and is the place to pick up a board and whatever else you may need. Once equitped it was off to Santa Teresa on the Nicoya Pinnesula to find a quite beach break and a good surf vibe. The friends i picked up in jaco were all keen on the area so we spent the next 6 days. Andy's a surf instructor from england with a super mellow personality. Kalle is a surfer - photographer from finland and a comedy show at best. Mannon and Ragna are two beautiful german girls with great travelling stories from their trip threw central america. spending time with them was a great way to start off my travels.

As im used to -45 below in the yukon and the fast pace of whistler. I seem to be
La Fortuna - Volcano ArenalLa Fortuna - Volcano ArenalLa Fortuna - Volcano Arenal

Thanks for the window weather man
a walking sweat shop every where I go, even during a cold shower. I've noticed that in all aspects of life here people have a very slow pace at work and at home in order to avoid my predicament. It a good habit for yuks.............slow down.

So off to Monteverde and La fortuna for a couple days to get out of the heat and let my surfing war wounds heal. Monteverde was pretty cool with some fast ziplines. La fortuna was diffently the highlight of the trip with the volcano Arenal and the hot springs.

Well its back to Santa Teresa for a couple of weeks.

Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Quading MontezumaQuading Montezuma
Quading Montezuma

I wonder what lives in that tree
Santa TeresaSanta Teresa
Santa Teresa

My beach
Nicoya PenninsulaNicoya Penninsula
Nicoya Penninsula

Sunset Playa Carmen


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb