Bluff Beach


Advertisement
Published: February 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today sun rays were coming through our window when we woke up. It was early yet the heat was already making us sweat. We headed down to make pancakes and figure out the days plans. After talking to a few guides and checking prices, we decided on heading to bluff beach just up island. The first taxi we tried wanted an outrageous price so we waiting for the next. It ended up being a pickup truck so we hopped in the back for a bumpy but cheap ride. The beach was empty with some great waves letting us ditch our stuff in a nice spot then head in. Matt and Morris stayed by the gear while Justin and I headed to the water. It was a really steep slope into the huge waves so we had a ton of fun riding the waves. If you did it right the waves would pick you up and after riding it you could land on your feet in ankle deep water. We rode those for a long time then went looking for coconuts to eat. We smashed open  a bunch and relaxed in the shade eating them. Between laying on the beach and swimming, the day didn't have much excitement until we were leaving. When we started to pack up our stuff Justin heard a noise above us and looked up. Climbing the tree not five feet from us was a sloth! He was rummaging around looking for fruit to eat. We all grabbed cameras and clicked away for a long time. He was so lazy, reaching for branches and slowly climbing around. We departed soon afterwards and headed strait to the hostel. The plan for tomorrow was to head back up into Costa Rica and get to the pacific coast again. We would need to get the early boat off the island if we were to make the right buses. That night we all were in bed early to be ready for the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb